Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Information About Greening Tomatoes

Presentation

All those who experienced gardener, have a sinking feeling when we find are not mature enough for all of our green tomatoes. Here are a few methods that I used to get green tomatoes in my garden in late summer and turns red.

Now you can not make a decision and green grape tomatoes and put it in the window to ripen. Ripening tomatoes, green, began to blush, should at least take the place of the flower. If you do not stay green, yellow and red.

If the tomatoes in the garden, green, red does not show, there are steps you can blush. I've tried both methods, the maturation of the grapes in my garage, or use a brown paper bag at the end of the term. So what I did and the results.

They ripen on the vine

One of the methods, I realized that there are high expectations that they be on the vine in the garage mature. It sounded good, there may be ripe vine tomatoes, gather nutrients from the soil and vines.

The procedure can be used to carefully remove the tomato plant in the garden, so that the country both in the roots as possible. I placed the roots in a typical supermarket plastic bag to avoid spillage and keep as much soil on the roots as possible. Then the system was put in the garage and hung upside down.

The results were mixed. He gave me a couple of ripe tomatoes, but a disappointment to many people, especially become soft and rotten.

Those who begin to blush, I can now grow and red grapes. Few of them were made at this time, it was so delicious, red, as if they had grown.

Brown Paper Bag

My greatest achievement is to use a paper bag to ripen my green tomatoes. In this process, green tomatoes on the vine in order to reduce the number of mothers guarantees to avoid on the left side red, and 6-10 tomatoes put in a brown paper bag. I put a piece of fruit like an apple, or in my case, I have orange slices in a bag, an environment with ethylene gas, which help ripen tomatoes provides.

My results were significantly improved, resulting in the method of the vine. After two or three days, she began to mature.

I had about 90% success rate with this method.

Completion

If you want to ripen green tomatoes try a paper bag method. It is cleaner and has a high success rate in always ready to try to keep the vine in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment